5 Days Danakil Depression and Addis Ababa City Tour
Total Price is per person to join an existing group for the Danakil part
Day 1: Arrive In Addis Abeba International Airport.
The driver will pick you up and drive you to your Hotel.
Day 2: Semera – Hamedela
You will fly from Addis to Semera and you drive about 5-6 hrs to reach Hamed ela on the way, you will stop at Lake Afdera for lunch and maybe even swim a bit. In the next camping village this evening, we will visit Lake Asale with salt flats and have wine or beer drink in the stunning place while you are swimming in the salt lake. Overnight: camping at Saba River.
Day 3: Dalol- Erta ale (volcano)
After breakfast, you will drive to the colorful attractions of Dalol which is located at -125 below sea level. Here you will visit the different landscapes formed by volcanic activity, Dallol + Lake Assal + camel caravans. Excursion to Dallol (116 meters below sea level, one of the lowest places in the world) colorful salt mining. After we visit all the attractions, continue driving to Erta Ale Which ranks as one of the most alluring and physically challenging natural attractions anywhere in Ethiopia. It is a shield volcano with a base diameter of 30 km and a 1km square caldera at its Summit. Erta Ale contains the world’s only permanent lava lake. It is 613 meters altitude, with a Lava Lake, The drive may take about 4 hrs passing through the changing landscape of solidified lava Rock and sand after passing several small hamlets scattered here and there in this deserted Land, you will arrive at Erta Ale camping site, After a short break and early dinner, just before the sunset we will trek for about 20 minutes to Erta Ale, where we spend few hrs watching the dramatic Action of the boiling lava. And you will trek back to the basic camp basement to spend the night, and sleep under the stars). Here we will provide a tent or you can use one of the shelters.
Day 4: Ertale-Semera
Early morning, you visit boiling lava again, and after breakfast drive to Afdera where you can swim if time allows. From Afdera, drive on asphalt road to Semera for about totally 5 hrs to Semera airport to fly back to Addis Abeba
Day 5: Addis Abeba city tour and fly back home
Addis was founded in 1886 by Menelik II, and situated at an elevation of around 2438M which makes it third third-highest capital city in the world. Addis Ababa enjoys an excellent climate all year round, with an average temperature of 25°C. We will start our sightseeing at the National Museum which houses some of the country’s historic treasures. The collection of fossils and bones of early hominids discovered in Ethiopia includes the 3.5 million-year-old remains of ‘Lucy’, the oldest hominid ever found. Our Addis Ababa sight-seeing tour will also include a visit to the church of the Holy Trinity, Ethiopia’s main cathedral, and home to the remains of the last emperor, Haile Selassie. Then, we will drive back to the airport.
What to bring
- Torches (walking in the night)
- Small backpack for the trek to the top of the volcano
- Closed, comfortable shoes (trekking shoes )
- swimming clothes
- Sun protection like sun cream, hat, jacket for the night on the volcano
- All Entrance fees and licenses are as per the program.
- Addis Abeba city tour
- Airport in and out transfers
- All ground transfers
- Tents for the two-night camping
- Cool boxes
- Meals and mineral water throughout the Danakil tour.
- Bottles of water for the trip.
- Light sleeping bags (sheets)
- Surface Transport expense with four-wheel drive Land-cruiser including fuel expense
- And drivers allowance
- Local guide service for the afar region as per the program.
- Cooking, camping equipment,
- Scout and police service in the Afar Region as per the program.
- Sleeping bags
- Camel and camel tires in the Afar Region as per the program.
- For the duration of the trip, we are responsible for all meals, water, entrance fees,
- Accommodation, security, and transportation.
- Domestic and international flights
- Accommodation and meals in Addis